Life's a Beach in June!

Finnian

image.png

Summer has arrived, and with it comes a season of sunshine and adventure! As the days get longer and warmer, it's the perfect time to dive back into the vibrant world of JellyRO. Whether you're exploring new areas, battling fierce monsters, or just hanging out with friends, there's always something exciting waiting for you. A lot has happened during May that may make this this June look a bit lacking, but we're gearing up to bring you some sizzling updates and cool events. So grab your gear, rally your guild, and let's make this a summer to remember!

What's Happening in June

We enabled the Summer Suit drops (Aloha Shirt & Swimming Shorts), which you can bring to Tailor Jessica at Beacon Island in exchange for Event Costume Boxes (#1 or #2). These boxes contain two different styles of a full-body summer suit costume. You may end up with more than you will use, but you will find another use for these boxes if you hang onto them until August! Also, last year's Summer Gacha needed an update, and now it's back in the Auro Shop for a limited time. I hope we found a good balance of items that you will enjoy. Because life got in the way of a lot of other things we had planned for you this month, we're giving the server double exp and drop rates (20/20/10) for duration of June. Finally yet importantly, be sure to congratulate @Astrophel on her 4th year with the JellyRO staff! 🎉

Double rates end on July 1st (next maintenance)

Summer Event content is available until September 2nd

Introducing Player IDs!

We are excited to announce the upcoming implementation of Player IDs! This new feature will help us better connect multiple accounts and email addresses under a single, unified identity, making your gaming experience even more seamless.

Why Player IDs?
While many benefits of having a Player ID are still in development, getting set up now will ensure you're ready to take full advantage as soon as they roll out. From easier account management to exclusive features and rewards, Player IDs are designed to enhance your JellyRO experience.

Some benefits you can expect when they are fully implemented are including but not limited to:

• New account auto validation
  • Same household distinction
  • Lesser Punishments
  • Participating in non-multiclient events
  • Rewards from server events that give prizes (you can still participate without a player ID)
  • Being able to trade account bound items between your other accounts
  • Easier account recovery
  • Those who were banned will have a clean slate
  • Better Prize Rewards

Why not use IP addresses?:
IP addresses are great but with players living in the same household, playing at college or schools, or using VPN's, they can give us false positives. 

How to Request Your Player ID:
To get started, you'll need to request your Player ID by emailing [email protected]. Here are the steps:

1. Email Request: Send an email to [email protected] from the same email address linked to your JellyRO forum account. With information on other accounts/email addresses you own.
  2. Forum Information: Ensure your forum account has up-to-date In-game Information filled out. This is crucial for us to verify your identity and process your request.
  3. Single Registration: Please remember that each player is allowed only one Player ID. Using the same email address as your forum account helps us maintain this rule and avoid duplicate registrations.

Some things to keep in mind:

• While it is discouraged, it would be imperative to not share accounts if you have a player ID.
  • You are only allowed 1 player ID, players that are intentionally trying to abuse this will have their accounts banned.
  • Trying to automate assigning can lead to a lot of problems it may take us a bit of time to process your email.

We appreciate your cooperation as we roll out this new feature. Getting your Player ID now will ensure you can dive right into the upcoming benefits and improvements as soon as they become available.

What is on the horizon and what happened?

A messages from Kathis

I had several exciting things planned for June, but an unexpected death in my family pulled me away from JellyRO. As the primary developer on the team, this unfortunately brought much of our progress to a halt. Volleyball broke last year and I aimed to have it ready for June, but we missed that mark. However, we do have new summer games and costumes in the works that we hope you’ll enjoy.

Regarding Player IDs, I’ve been working hard to create a system that allows you to obtain your Player ID without too much hassle. Many of the automated solutions I considered had critical flaws, and I wanted to avoid invasive methods like phone validation or requiring a photo of your ID. While I’m prioritizing summer content, getting the new account auto-email validation up and running may be the first benefit you see.

To explain the new punishment system as mentioned above, those with Player IDs will experience reduced mute durations for lesser offenses, from 6 hours to 5 minutes. The punishment will accumulate based on the number of offenses and pass transgressions, providing a more lenient approach for minor infractions while escalating for repeat offenders. We currently have a three-strikes rule, but would rather a longer time-out system. Bans will still occur for severe violations such as scamming, real money exchanges, or cheating/exploitation.

I know this is a lot to take in, but I hope it clarifies our current situation. Getting your Player ID before the rollout is advised, as any accounts banned before you apply will be unbanned when the punishment system gets rolled out, offering a clean slate.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Monthly Updates

image.png

Additional Notes

• Auro Shop and Jellybean exchanger have been updated.
  • Jellyblob was updated to reflect change in Auro Shop costumes.
  • Reduced fame points by 10% for all characters on accounts inactive for 90 days.
  • All monsters with space in their drop tables have a chance of dropping Aloha Shirt or Swimming Shorts.
  • Summer Gacha price has been reduced from 500 to 400 Auro.
  • Experience rate boost includes base, job, MVP bonus, and quests.
  • Drop rate boost applies to all items that drop from monsters, including cards.

Don't forget to patch!
How are we doing? Give us feedback!
If something isn't working correctly, please submit a bug report.

• Like 1