Pot of Gold: Finnian's 10th Year!

Kathis

59297-Banner.png

We hope you all had fun with the Lunar New Year event. You may have noticed something unusual about the Great Dragon. That's because it was actually Draco and Drago in disguise! The Great Dragon's invitation had apparently gotten lost, and they decided to take matters into their own little claws. We gave them a stern talking-to for shirking their other duties, but we also thanked them for saving Lunar New Year. 🐉

The JellyRO festivities aren't settling down yet! St. Patrick's Day is March 17th, but we can enjoy a bit of Irish folklore all month long. This month is also a very special milestone for a certain staff member. There are so many reasons to wear green and the Auro shop's got you covered. 🍀

St. Patrick's Day Event

Mr. Chaun, the Fatum who wants to be a Leprechaun, is back this year, but was ambushed and robbed by some monsters upon arriving in Midgard. Now it seems that his coin collection has been scattered around the world. What a nasty trick! How will poor Mr. Chaun manage to get his gold back to impress the other Leprechauns? That's right, adventurer. You're going to help him by hunting down monsters that might have his coins! You can find him at prt_fild06 82,100.

Chaun understands that humans might find his gold coins really heavy, so when you bring them to him, he will take what you have and give you points to keep track of how many you've found. These points can be exchanged for various rewards. You can even use your points to buy back the coins if you decide later that you want to let someone else get credit for turning them in.

Finnian's 10th Year Anniversary

It's a rare event when a staff member has been active for 10 years. To celebrate this, we have created a special box. Inside the Staff Anniversary Box are things that Finnian had personally selected. It is available in the Auro shop, as well as one of the major rewards in the St. Patrick's Day event. 

It is important to note, that it is expected that you open them before the end of the event. Staff Anniversary Boxes will be removed during the next maintenance. You have been warned!

Since this is such a special occasion, Finnian was given an opportunity to choose a reward for the server even though the community contribution goal was not met for this month. Surprise, Jellybeans! You all can enjoy a month of @autoloot and its variations! This should aid you in your search for Chaun's missing coins! Details about the commands can be found in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

@autoloot {<%>}

Enables or disables autolooting items from killed mobs.
If a percentage is given, only items dropped at that rate and below will be autolooted.

---------------------------------------

@alootid <+/- item name/ID>
@alootid reset

Starts or stops autolooting a specified item.
Typing "reset" will clear the autoloot item list.
By default, 10 items can be autolooted at one time.

---------------------------------------

@autoloottype <+/- ><type name>
@autoloottype reset

Starts or stops autolooting a specified item type.
Type List: healing, usable, etc, weapon, armor, card, petegg, petarmor, ammo.
Typing "reset" will clear the autoloot item list.

Ten years is a long time, and so much has happened. Since Finnian is known to many players, past and present, you must have some stories to share. If you have any fond memories of your interactions with Finnian, we encourage you to post them in this thread. 

Some Notes from Staff
59297-larissa.png
Larissa
Support GM
Finnian, your roots run deep with server history, your branches reach high into our future, and your leaves dance with the wind giving us all joy. Thank you for witnessing the seasons of our server, providing shade, and being a calming counsel to those of us who need it. You are a living testament to resilience and dedication. (And yer a pretty good boss.)
Hi, Finn! Congratulations on 10 years as staff! That's a huge achievement and I can understand how you've done it. In my time here, you have been welcoming to everyone, staff and players alike. You have always lended an ear when I need someone to talk to and I'm sure you do the same for others. Thank you for being a positive tree for our community, and here's to hopefully another 10 more years!
59297-hibi.png
Hibi
Dev
59297-cayde.png
Cayde
PR
I haven't known Finnian for very long, but he's always been very sweet and helpful!
Happy 10th anniversary Finnian, may your roots continue to grow in our great server!
59297-kane.png
Kane
PR
59297-kathis.png
Kathis
Server Owner
When I first joined staff you were like, 'Don't worry, I'll take you under my wing.' though I have surpass your mentorship, I am glad that you have still supported staff and stuck by my side.
Thank you so much. It's also Linus' 10th year of being with our server. He shifted gears from being regular staff (Dev) to a Freelancer three years ago, and is irreplaceable as far as I'm concerned. His skills and expertise have gotten us out of many a tight spot over the years. He keeps the test server up for us, and always shows up when we need extra help with the main servers. I would like to share this celebration with him as well.
59297-finnian.png
Finnian
Admin

Event ends on April 1st, 2024!

Invalid Names

It has come to my attention that the name changing NPC was allowing players to put symbols that were not allowed in their names. If your name contains any of the following characters # % & ` < > ? please send me (Kathis) a Rodex mail, so I can send you a free Service Ticket to change your name now that the NPC has been updated. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Names containing any of those special symbols by the End of Summer (roughly half a year from now) will be changed to "Inappropriate Name" followed by a number, and we will not cover the cost to change the name to something else afterwards.

We Can't Have Nice Things

A messages from Kathis 

A few days after we had launched a lot of you were using auto-cast, homunculus, and other means to gather the coins, as well as other goodies with autoloot. And several of you had even asked staff if using mercenaries were allowed. I had thought it was clear that anything that automates play was not allowed, but that wasn't the case. While gear had been modified to check to see how long the player had been idle for. It wasn't obvious if it was working or not. I had watched people in several locations, not moving, but still casting auto spells for more than 10 minutes. Not seeing the coins dropped, told me that they had set the alootid up to gather the coins.

I would rather have a solution that just makes it so skills that are triggered by auto-casting, don't reset the idle timer. But I needed a solution quickly. The following had been changed. 

• Homunculus no longer will trigger autoloot
  • Autoloot will no longer trigger if a player had been idle for 30+ seconds
  • Players will now still be considered idle, even if they use skills of any kind.
  • Partymembers will no longer get items/exp when idle for 30+ seconds.

The last one was implemented due to some confusion on it's involvement with our current issue. If I could have it just do items, I would. Gear will still auto-cast until they been idle for 60 seconds. 

So what must you do to no longer be considered idle then, you may be asking. 

Walk, chat, attack, use items, sit /stand, emote, drop items, or use commands. 

Basically be active.

It shouldn't have to be noted that if we suspect you tried to find cleaver ways to continue automating your play. You will be dealt with accordingly. 

For those that were actively playing, I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

-Kathis Server Owner.

Monthly Updates

Featured Auro Shop and Jellybean Costumes

59297-AuroShop.png

Additional Notes

• Auro Shop and Jellybean exchanger have been updated.
  • Jellyblob was updated to reflect change in Auro Shop costumes.
  • Reduced fame points by 10% for all characters on accounts inactive for 90 days.
  • Draco has been re-enabled. 
  • The red envelope Zeny reward amounts have been returned to normal.
  • Rates have been returned to normal.
  • All monsters have been told to drop gold event coins.
  • Novice Red Potion, Seal 4, and Weihna descriptions have been fixed.
  • About 250ish quest descriptions in the quest log have been added.
  • Spiral Pierce skill description has been updated.
  • @autoloot, @alootid, and @autoloottype commands have been temporarily enabled.
  • St. Patrick Costume box list has been expanded. 
  • Homunculus no longer trigger autoloot
  • Autoloot no longer triggers +30 seconds of idle
  • Idle checker will no longer reset when skills are used
  • Party members will no longer get items/exp when idle for +30 seconds.

Don't forget to patch!
How are we doing? Give us feedback!
If something isn't working correctly, please submit a bug report.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...