Moonlight Hat error

Trizzy

Question

ID#8001 Cat Helm - Moonlight Hat

Client Crash/error After wearing Moonlight Hat then alt+Q. and after when you try to login again it automatically shutting down the client, you can't login the game unless you reset look your character on website then you can login after that!

i thought it was only me when i give to my friend, i told him to wear it and use alt+Q my friend got same error like mine.

PS i don't see the sprite when you wear it. it is sprite error or Lua files 101%.

Edited by Trizzy

5 answers to this question

It would seem Trizzy is familiar with how Ragnarok assets works, or at least in part. 

The issue could have been from a lot of things. 

alt+q is the equipment hot keys, which means the client is forced to load up not only the render of the hat in question, but also the small item as well. It wouldn't make sense to me that the problem would occur only after the equipment window, unless they were only equipping the item via click and drag. 

The Lua file they refer to is just a means of knowing which asset is needed to load, when the server tells the client. It's possible a file was missing, or that the lua was missing the connection. When it comes to head gear there are 20 full steps that need to be done. If any of those steps are not completed, the custom head gear will not show. 

but in this case, this error message means that the sprite was not correct, the reason it looks gibberish is because the file names are korean. But from what I am seeing the main hat seems to be missing. which could happen because the name of the asset was wrong, or the connection was. 

Either way the item in question does at the time of writing this.