Kathis

Falling into Jelly

september.png

Turning Leaves

The weather is cooling and the leaves are starting to turn brilliant shades of yellow and red. Autumn is arriving this month at Jelly, and that means the trappings of summer must be packed up for the year. 

Summer's End

After this month's maintenance, summer suits will disappear from everyone's inventory. Hope you enjoyed the cool clothes for the hot weather! Volleyball is also ending.

Changes in Mechanics

unknown.png

Some other exciting new changes to JellyRO involves increasing the vision, and movement range. The reason why these used to be very small, is because the old client couldn't zoom out very much. The current range is 32 cells away from your character. We tested with range attacks, they still are about 14 cells. What this means is next summer people outside of volleyball can see the entire court, in bomb poring you can see all the bombs so no more sneaky exploding timers, and it also means it makes sense for movement if your zoom is like mine in the picture. However like all things I cannot stress test this on the test server. So if the server experiences lag, we will reduce the range until we find a happy equilibrium. 

Another thing that is changed is that the merchant class can now earn JOB experience for buying and selling items with discount and overcharge. Which is great since it fits the class much better. Talking to the NPCs reveals that money is their main focus. It's not much but it does allow the merchants an alternate way to play. I have plans for the base experience that makes sense for merchants, but that is something that will have to wait. If this causes problems we can easily remove it, but let's at least try it first. People don't know what they want until you show it to them. Some notes, this only works with skills that were bought with skill points, so the Pirate skeleton card does not work, and super novices are applicable if they get overcharge or discount, compulsive discount from rogues does not count.

Lastly we increased the auto trade timeout, since we understand that most of our players are adults with busy lives. It has been extended to 7 days.

Zeny to Auro

unknown.png

The battle of getting donations backup is slow and painful. Flux is unmoving, which is leaving me the alternative of simply making our own website. So until then we have a Zeny to Auro Exchange NPC. Located near the redeeming NPC in Prontera. This NPC is temporary, so when donations are back it will be removed. The reason why we made them 50k per auro, is because it's deliberately more than what the market price is. Further, we made it a custom shop so your discount / overcharge / compulsive discounts don't work. When you finish purchasing, a message  pops up telling you to close the window, failure to do this will softlock you. 

As for those who are worried about donations and the server not being able to be paid, when it comes to what's within our control, the server is secured. Our free to play members have nothing to worry about since I will be paying the server out of my own pocket. All the donations do in this case is soften how much I need to spend.

WoE Slander

First and foremost, I want to make it clear that I am disappointed in how some of our players acted last night, in the discord, and in the #main channel. If you believe someone is cheating, please provide evidence to support your claim. If you only suspect then let us know in an @request, or a ticket; I will investigate. 

Upon reviewing the evidence I had I can state that the accused had done nothing wrong, their attack patterns were very human, and when it came down to multi-clienting, for the most part there was one person per IP active at a time. The only exception to this were those that we have listed as same house players.

That being said, to those who believe that WoE will never be fixed, I will remind you all that I have no love for WoE, I find it brings the most toxic behaviour from our community, and it saddens me that this is the case. That being said, because I have no love for WoE, I am not the best person to fix it. I can figure out balance among gear and classes, but I cannot stop super guilds from forming, nor force people to play WoE. I honestly believe that the reason why people play WoE and get as frustrated when they lose a castle or cannot outnumber / out play a guild, is primarily because WoE has content locked behind the castle eco and defense. For example the Gate Manager has special maps for the server if the collective castles eco reaches 100, but since we only have 1 castle per region at a time, it requires a castle to max out, there is also the Treasure chests and Okolnir. 

The problem isn't that WoE is broken, it's that there aren't many activities that guilds can participate in. If I am going to fix anything, I believe this is what needs to be addressed. Most of our players are social not killers, PvP isn't their main drive. So perhaps instances that are like Okolnir where it's guild based and not party or other special little things for a guild rather than single players may be the right direction. 

On that note, I really don't care if I keep this server open for only one player, just like Flan before me had stated.

Monthly Updates

Featured Auro Shop Costumes

20054.png19514.png19551.png19565.png

19690.png19791.png19828.png20036.png

Featured Jellybean Rewards

19817.png19623.png27210.png1735.gif

Additional Notes

• Auro shop and Jellybean exchanger have been updated.
  • Jelly Blob was updated to reflect change in Auro Shop costumes.
  • Summer suit and summer parts were removed from all inventories.
  • Volleyball, and Tailor were removed. 

To follow updates, you can also refer to the server changelog.

How are we doing? Review us at RateMyServer.Net!
Don't forget to patch!
If something still isn't working correctly, please submit a bug report.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, Kathis said:

That being said, to those who believe that WoE will never be fixed, I will remind you all that I have no love for WoE, I find it brings the most toxic behaviour from our community, and it saddens me that this is the case. That being said, because I have no love for WoE, I am not the best person to fix it. I can figure out balance among gear and classes, but I cannot stop super guilds from forming, nor force people to play WoE. I honestly believe that the reason why people play WoE and get as frustrated when they lose a castle or cannot outnumber / out play a guild, is primarily because WoE has content locked behind the castle eco and defense. For example the Gate Manager has special maps for the server if the collective castles eco reaches 100, but since we only have 1 castle per region at a time, it requires a castle to max out, there is also the Treasure chests and Okolnir. 

The problem isn't that WoE is broken, it's that there aren't many activities that guilds can participate in. If I am going to fix anything, I believe this is what needs to be addressed. Most of our players are social not killers, PvP isn't their main drive. So perhaps instances that are like Okolnir where it's guild based and not party or other special little things for a guild rather than single players may be the right direction. 

giphy.gif

yes I am sure everyone joining woe wants to hold hands and have a tea party. no one likes plays war for the competition or pvp.  Its definitely not the WoE bringing the toxicity, there are so many other reasons for war being pure cancer sometimes, whether it be items, how they got their items, some definite bias or the pure fact that you yourself don't believe in fixing it.  Our group stopped playing cuz it was resident sleeper, wiping people and having to wait 30 minutes for last minute cap attempts.  We were told that WoE would revive since we were the ones killing it.  I also believe I heard of the population going to be increasing since our group of "toxic" people are gone but clearly maybe you guys are blaming the wrong people.  And thats just keeping it filtered. There is definitely aallloot more stuff i know about that could be brought up but who knows ill prob just get shadow banned again :^) 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Yakusoku said:

I come back to this ?? Nothing new.

image.png.fb4b6cd7cafaddfda1f0366d65d30d42.png

Austino !! lend me some gears so I can mess around a bit please~~

Did I forget to mention I got banned for warping the gj vending spies out of every town :')