Howdy Y'all, 

I'm very pleased to announce @Kathis owner of JellyRO. Aside from the occasional question regarding finances, Kathis has been running jRO since September 2017 with the help of @Finnian. They are both very capable of doing everything I did and more. 

If you'd like to read more my personal reasons for leaving I've put them in the spoiler. If not, I wish you and all the players the best for years to come. /kis 

Spoiler

Before I begin, I want to say this post does talk about depression and anxiety. 

Basically, I have to leave RO because it is a comfort to me when I am depressed. It feels like a toasty blanket just out of the drier on the coldest day of the year. I immerse  myself in the blanket. I snuggle with the blanket. I keep it with me as a security. I never notice when the blanket has gone cold. I leave it on because I am safe. Sounds nice. But for me, I never noticed if or when Summer came and I didn't need the blanket. 

In September, I went to a doctor and spoke the first time about my anxiety. Ya know, general anxiety. What I assumed to be "normal" because of a "stressful job and family life". That's normal, right? Of course when I started talking about the panic attacks that would keep me awake because I literally thought I was dying (Finn dealt with a few of these attacks well /lv). Or me pulling over on the side of the freeway to sob hysterically because I instantly believed I had lung cancer even though I've never smoked, been around smokers, or have any symptoms. Slowly the talk of anxiety turned to talk of depression. The talk of depression took over the conversation. The doctor and I worked on very small goals together that I could reach with minimal effort to give me the happy bursts of serotonin I desperately needed. 

Since then, I am happy to report I am doing very, very well. I no longer feel I need the safety of RO to keep my mind occupied from the thoughts that haunt me. Sometimes the thoughts come back, but instead of avoiding, I am no longer afraid to face them head on. It is time for me to move on.

For those suffering from mental illness or suffering, I wish I could help every one of you. I know RO does bring legitimate joy to players. If this is your joy, then keep on player. The server bills are paid. Kathis is the one you need for the server. I need to be free. :)

For those of you who have observed those in your struggle with mental illness, please say something. Not everyone can pull themselves out of it. It took me 15 years before I was able to make an appointment. There are people fighting every day that just need someone to say they've noticed the change. Don't wait for your family, friend, significant other, co-worker, guy you see everyday at Starbucks to say something to you. It may never happen. Be strong for them. 

Help Yourself: 

Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 800-273-8255
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/time-talk-tips-talking-about-your-mental-health - I like this page because it helped me put my problems into words that let the people around me understand without me being a sobbing mess. 

Help Someone Else:

Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 800-273-8255
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-someone-else/
http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/im-looking-mental-health-help-someone-else

Thank you all so much for the comfort. I love you! 

• Thanks 2

Flan, I wish you all the best the world has to offer. Thank you for keeping us going when you did. The server will be in very good hands. And you can always visit our little world whenever ya wish! 

Take care of yourself. /thx

Thanks for that touchingly candid goodbye. I'll be eternally grateful to you for saving this server. I'm sorry to hear you have had such a hard time in life and I'm delighted to hear you are now saving yourself. Onwards and upwards is the only way to go and I wish you love, laughter and happiness.

Kathis will be good for the server so if you do ever feel like some RO purely for some passing fun, you know where to come.

Thanks again for all you have done. x

"I'd give you everything I've got
For a little peace of mind"

John Lennon. 1968

So bye, bye, American flan. Thanks for all the fun.

although I'm sad that you left us, I understand your reasoning

I hope you would come back again soon and help the server again

Good BYE FLAN.... Wishing you all the best in your real life.

Thank you very much for you hard work and dedication for this server. And you still didn't let us down at the end by getting a great new owner to continue the long historic memory of this server.

'

Hope you will bump in to us from time to time Take Care......

Thanks for everything, Flan. T.T

You know you did something right when you leave the server in better shape than when you got it, and the next owner doesn't immediately change the server name. XD

/wow