Failed to login?

10Head

Question

For some reason I cannot login even though I'm fully patched. I tried logging in on another computer and that worked flawlessly. Not sure what's wrong with my main computer. I've already tried turning off the firewall and resetting my router. This happened after your webserver/server migration maintenance.

10 answers to this question

Gepard Shield is attached to the server's IP address and ports, so when we did the recent migration we had to temporarily disable gepard shield because the new server has a different IP address assigned to it.

I'm not sure why you have a jdata.gpf as those are patch files, but the issue is not with jdata.grf. Gepard is attached to the client (jRO.exe), when we moved to the new server, we sent a client without Gepard shield over the patcher. If you see the Gepard splash screen when you run the jRO.exe then you never received that patch. Please send me a PM or message me on Discord and I'll help you out.

15 hours ago, GM Dulcet said:

I restarted my computer and cleared all the catche/cookies/whatever. Let me login after that. I had the same issues last night and so did a couple other players.

Tried doing that, still won't let me login. I even downloaded the full installer and reinstalled the game. I purposely tried entering the wrong password and it seems like a connection issue as the server doesn't respond back telling me I entered the wrong password. I also tried other accounts. I logged what the executable connects to when entering account information using Resource Monitor and it seems like some russian web hosting site. My other computer logs in fine and connects to an IP Address which I assume is the game servers.

3LrZcYi.png

Thought I was infected so I did a full Malwarebytes scan in normal and safe mode under Windows 10. No signs of infection. Only left thing I can think off is a full reformat just to test if it's something in my current Windows install stopping my connection and then restore from an image backup to figure out what it is if that's the case. But that seems tedious and I'm too lazy for that.

1 hour ago, Kathis said:

When we did the move over one of our dev's named the .EXE to JellyRO.exe  are you using that one? Or are you using the jRO.exe?  Your screenshot suggests the latter. Further what date of modification is your jdata.grf?

jRO.exe. This is what your latest full installer provided when I downloaded it yesterday. My other computer which the login works perfectly as previously mentioned uses jRO.exe as well and that installation setup was from last year. July 9 2017 is the date of modification for jdata.grf on my main computer. August 25 2017 for my other computer.

Ok so I copy pasted jdata.grf from my other computer to my main computer and that didn't work. Just gave me an error "Error 11: Gepard Shield is not allowed to be used on this server." When I press enter after inputting my password for any of my accounts. Also when I try to run the patcher on my main PC I get a "Failed to retrieve 2017-07-17jdata.gpf, retrying..." and then I guess it timesout and proceed to allow the game to run. Weird thing is my other computer doesn't have jdata.gpf, it has jdata.grf.

I copy pasted the entire JellyRO folder on my other computer to an external drive and ran that off from my main computer. It let me login. So it's definitely not something wrong with my main PC.

KrUtXQV.png

28 minutes ago, Linus said:

Gepard Shield is attached to the server's IP address and ports, so when we did the recent migration we had to temporarily disable gepard shield because the new server has a different IP address assigned to it.

I'm not sure why you have a jdata.gpf as those are patch files, but the issue is not with jdata.grf. Gepard is attached to the client (jRO.exe), when we moved to the new server, we sent a client without Gepard shield over the patcher. If you see the Gepard splash screen when you run the jRO.exe then you never received that patch. Please send me a PM or message me on Discord and I'll help you out.

I managed to figure it out based on your post. Just a simple copy paste of jdata.grf and jRO.exe from my other PC to my main one solved the issue. However the patcher still shows "jdata.gpf" so I copy pasted as well and that didn't solve the weird message.

I think you also need to update the full installer with the right files or it might be just mine being corrupted or something while downloading/installing.

The patcher stores the ID of the last patch in jRO.inf. When you run the patcher, it compares the ID in that file against the ID on our webserver to see how many patches it needs to download, if any. After patching is completed, it saves its progress in that file.

If you copied the jdata.grf from another computer, please copy the jRO.inf from that computer as well. This will ensure that you're not re-downloading patches that you don't need, or risk messing up your jdata.grf by accidentally downloading patches that have since been removed.

Happy to help.

4 hours ago, Linus said:

The patcher stores the ID of the last patch in jRO.inf. When you run the patcher, it compares the ID in that file against the ID on our webserver to see how many patches it needs to download, if any. After patching is completed, it saves its progress in that file.

If you copied the jdata.grf from another computer, please copy the jRO.inf from that computer as well. This will ensure that you're not re-downloading patches that you don't need, or risk messing up your jdata.grf by accidentally downloading patches that have since been removed.

Happy to help.

Ok that fixed the patching issue. Thanks.