gepard.grf

taro

Question

Did this, got the new gepard.inf.  Now I am back to missing the gepard.grf (the patcher also had a note saying gepard.grf failed to download.) I feel like I'm going in circles.

patcher fails at 42% 

Edited by taro

No it is not. I deleted everything RO on my computer, removed all files and folders, did a clean install, went to patch... gepard.grf keeps stalling out. I tried downloading, extracting, and installing the gepard.grf file from the Misc. download section. The patcher deletes it, tries to install a new one, and stalls out after about half an hour. I guess I could try some workarounds. I just thought it might be better for server stability to go the official route. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

There are two files in the zip, gepard.grf and gepard.inf. The inf is used to store the last patch that was downloaded, so the patcher where to start patching from. You need to copy BOTH files from the zip, not just the grf, otherwise your patcher will keep trying to download the grf over and over again.

Was there ever a fix for this?

I'm having the same issues. the gepard.grf fails when using the jropatch.exe file. Launching the game at that point gives a 'Missing gepard.grf" error. So I downloaded the file in the zip, and pushed it into the folder. Then it will launch if I run it as admin, let me choose a character, but after choosing a character, it pops a different error, saying that that gepard.grf has been modified and that I should re-install. I've done a re-install already, and I've never played on this PC before so it should be completely clean. 

Anything else I can try to do?

Things worked for so telling u.

Install full RO file----- then download new patch and run--- it will stop gepard file-- now download tht gepard file and extract to ur folder.... And run patch again... It will most propabably start the game... All the best!

So following Subala's instructions, I've done the following

- A full uninstall of RO from windows, then purged the directory.
- Re-ran the full installler (jROFull121516.exe) build I downloaded a couple days ago. (Informed me I was missing gepard.grf) 
- Ran the jROPatch.exe, where it progressed to 99% complete for the gepard.grf file. Then it froze, wouldn't go any further and gave me the "Failed to Retrieve gepard.grf" message.

- Extracted the two files in the zip folder, replacing the others already in there. 

- Reran the patch system. proceeded to same spot in the installing and got to sleep- After a couple fails, it gave the ""start option" . Still gives the same "Don't have the whole file'. Could try again, but it looks like the same. 

Thanks again!

I replaced the jdata.grf and jRO.inf with the two out of those files, as well as pulled in the gepard.grf/inf files out of the other zip file. 

With all of those files in place, I tried to run the jRO.exe as an admin. It let me log in, but attempting to load my brand new character gave me Error 21. I tried a couple times to make sure, but it's still showing that it was modified. 

I also put those four files in place and tried to run the jROPatch.exe as admin. It showed pulling down some data and fixes from throughout december, and then tried to download gepard.grf again... still reached 99% and then failed out of that download. 

In case, I even tried a full reboot of the system, and then replacing those four files, and then trying the patcher, in case it was an issue with the anti-cheat system having been started and was now hiding in the background somewhere refusing to allow itself to update. Same exact issue there. 

Also potentially of note... I'm using the jROPatcher.exe that came with my installer. If I use the one that Linus linked as an extra download in the first reply in this thread, it very quickly jumps through, shows backing up, and then finished. Hitting "Start" just relaunches the same patcher, and fixes nothing. 

For the sake of it i just downloaded the most recent client myself. I downloaded it to my desktop so there's a 0% chance that it could be mixed up with other files. I did nothing extra and patched using the built in patcher, started the game and logged in. All of my custom items can be seen, no apples, no errors logging in with dyes or items, nothing.

If you still have the installer downloaded I would suggest trying to download it to a new location. I know you said you got rid of other files but hey, things happen. I'm at a complete loss as to any other issues that could be blocking you from this unless you did one of these:
- didn't actually get rid of all the previous jro files.
- downloaded the full isntaller then downloaded patch fixes or a different gepard

- downloaded the full installer and did anything but instantly patch and try to login.

Please let me know if doing this fixes your issue.

So I tried again, tl;dr no real luck.

I ran the uninstall file, which claimed to work correctly, and cleaned out the folder entirely except for a log file. 
Then I restarted the computer, to ensure nothing was holding on to some files. 

Reran the install from a new download of the full installer, and installed into a different folder. The install completed just fine, and when I hit "Start" it launched into the game login. Login worked fine, but after choosing the character, it gave me error 21 again. (gepard.grf has been modified).
I then ran the jROPatch.exe, and it download about a dozen or so files before it hit the gepard.grf. Again it ran up to 99%, died, retried, and failed again. I did pull a copy of the log as it was failing though. Also interesting to note is that running the jROPatch.exe deleted my existing copy of  the gepard.grf. 

That log reads like this: 

[Error] InternetReadFile failed (code=12002, tick=12000, logging=no, chunk=0, buffer=10240, written=189327360, total=189330153, file=gepard.grf).
[Notice] Begin transfer logging.
[Notice] Attempting to proceed with smaller buffer (-> 1024).
[Notice] InternetReadFile succeeded (tick=0, chunk=0, buffer=1024, written=189327360, total=189330153, file=gepard.grf).

Out of interest sake, I replaced both the gepard.grf and the jdata.grf as suggested earlier in this thread at this point. It was the same reaction, but slightly more delayed. I don't know if it was closer or if the server was just slow, but I did eventually get to see the starting zone for Novices before the game booted me, same Error 21.

Yep. Ran the install to desktop using the parts installer, and tried again in another new folder with the torrented installer, and both give exactly the same behaviour. 

The only thing that I'm noting as odd, and what might be the issue, is that... even though it's different files, downloaded different ways, whenever I run them, it always manages to find the folder location I originally installed to, and use that as the "Default Location". It's not in a standard Program Files folder, so it seems like there /might/ be something stuck with the installer itself that could be the cause... But I have no clue where that would be stored... I flipped through my appdata folder and can't find anything connected, and it feels odd that it would prevent my from downloading a newer version, even if that were the case.