[SOLVED] Patcher issues

LadyKaltag

Question

Everytime I try to patch, it tries for awhile, says things like "failed to retrieve" on some files (too fast to catch on screenie) (they all started with a date, like 2016-1-20 or something), and ultimately it stops as "failed to connect to file server". That's kind of mentioned in the wiki except that the solution is marked as "currently unavailable".... so... what can I do? Can someone post this "jdata.grf,/span>"  (I get the feeling the /span part is not intentional) listed in the wiki as the solution to this problem?

jRO patcher issue.jpg

Edited by LadyKaltag
solved

7 answers to this question

From what I've been reading, kRO's patch servers have been updated to block more IP ranges to attempt to prevent patching for private servers. There are patchers that have been updated to bypass this, but the developer has not updated the patcher we use yet. In the meantime, you can download the "RO Patcher Lite for kRO" and "kRO Patcher Lite for kRO RE" place them in your JellyRO folder and run them manually. These should be able to patch kRO, then you should be able to start the game normally.

soooo, I had been doing administrator mode to no avail. I copied the entire (already patched) game from my friend, which worked for awhile until there were new patches. At your suggestion of turning antivirus off, I turned off just the website blocking part, and it worked! Now I added an exception in my antivirus for RO and it should just keep on working. So thanks!

SorrY I didn't respond to other replies sooner, I thought the forums thing would email me but it didn't so I didn't know to check.