Confirmation Email?- ANSWERED

Edegaru

Question

ANSWERED-2/21/16 

So I convinced a good friend to play RO again. He's never played aRO or jRO so he's making a whole brand new account.  He registered earlier today, about 12 hours ago as of writing this, and says he still hasn't received a confirmation email for his account.  I asked him a few times if he was sure he entered his email correctly, he swears he did.  He's also checked the junk folders.  Any idea how long it takes to send one of those automatically generated emails? Should he just register again?

Thanks in Advance. 

Edited by Edegaru
QUESTION ANSWERED

3 answers to this question

An old issue, that slowly got worst as time went on.

The problem with a server sending out emails, is that they have to have a certain reputation to be delivered. This is known as email score. All servers start at a neutral score, which could end up in spam. However certain providers may have a required score before they even get delivered. Because we are not an official business, it has been an uphill battle to get our emails to even reach your inbox, let alone your spam. Last time we checked our score was very low, about 2.5 or less. 

Scores can drop when the server sends out a lot of emails. Flan had done this with news letters back in the day, as well as trying to get a hold of old members to let them know that we moved to JellyRO.com. As a result, even though the server sends out a confirmation email, there is a high chance that the email provider would just trash it before it even gets to your spam. 

So if you are making a new account, send an email to kathis.jellyro.com  I'll confirm the account's associated to the email address, I don't need to know the username, or the password, or anything just need to see that you got a valid email address. 

Hopefully we can come up with a better system in the future, but for now. This is what we are resorted to while I try to get our email score back up to at least spam levels.