Support tickets

Savannah

Question

Hi there,

I submitted a support ticket for one of my accounts, after speaking to Linus ingame about this matter yesterday afternoon. The reason for this thread is that I am currently unable to 1) view the ticket and 2) see if it's even been looked at - I find it odd that 24 hours later there is still no activity, when I understood that it was something that was quick and simple to resolve. I'm just unsure if there's a problem with the support tickets perhaps not showing up or something, or if this is normal and I just need to wait. 

Please, you guys, this is in no way a dig at anyone or even at the turnaround time for ticket replies - just me trying to understand if everything is working as it should or if maybe there's a problem nobody's picked up on yet.

Also, it was *reaaaally* hard to put my problem across nicely with such a tiny character limit OMG. Took me nearly an hour to edit/snip/abbreviate my message into what ended up looking like a crude and rather blunt request - I apologise for that but I really had no other choice :s

Thanks in advance,

Sav

5 answers to this question

The support ticket module is a plugin for the control panel we use and is not very well written or updated on a regular basis. As a result, we are experiencing some issues with it. Regardless of not being displayed, any tickets you submit have gone through, you can verify this by logging into the old control panel at www.jellyro.com/cp_old/. Despite our current small population, we receive numerous support tickets per day and have a small staff who each excel at different areas, thus the tickets have to be assigned based on who is able to complete it and that person's workload. So tickets may not receive the immediate attention that you get in-game from using @request but rest assured, they will be answered.

• Like 1

There are several things about this I should go over. 

You should be submitting tickets from an account that you have access to, even more so if you are able to log into game. From there you can view the tickets you currently have open. 

The ticket will not update if we look at it, but only if it has been replied to. That being said you shouldn't try bumping your tickets, on our end we'll see Open when no reply has been made, but if you reply to it, it will simply say replied. Gm's do not touch tickets that they believed are being handled by another gm, so just be patient. I don't have access to the conversation that was done between Savannah and Linus, nor could I find the ticket in question. 

"I find it odd that 24 hours later there is still no activity, when I understood that it was something that was quick and simple to resolve."
It should really matter how difficult or simple something is to resolve, the time it takes us to solve a ticket can very depending on how many tickets are already in que, and how soon we can get to the ticket in question. I get the impression a lot of people think that we do this as a full time job, and get paid accordingly. Truth is it is not, it's all volunteer, even when donations are coming in, that money goes directly to the server's operations.

"It was *reaaaally* hard to put my problem across nicely with such a tiny character limit"

I was unaware there was a character limit in the tech support forum. Maybe this was the case in the past...

As for Yuna Ceres
I think this issue has been resolved. I've just checked the two accounts in question, and they are currently online. All accounts have an account ID, it's how the login server works.