Can't Log in

Rabin_Uman

Question

Something went wrong after the reboot.  I played for about 1 hour, everything seemed fine.  Had to leave for about half an hour.  When I came back, my chars would not move, could not select.  Manually disconnected all 4 accounts and tried to log to no avail.  It shows 88 players on line. Then either "Server still recognizes your last log-in. Please try again after a few minutes (8), or gets to char selection and (after selecting) "Failed to Connect to Server".

While I was typing, the Mao server went from Green to Red in the CP.  Guess that is the problem (and hope someone is taking care of it)

5 answers to this question

As flan pointed out above, there was some issues with our host. We had moved from an old host to a new host, and there is a lot of data that needs to be sent directly to the Map server.  There are 3 applications that make the server work, if any of these have an issue then the server itself won't work as intended. Locally the applications were working as intended. However because the host was not expecting such heavy traffic in a short amount of time, it wouldn't surprised me if they thought this was malicious traffic, and blocked off the map server, which is the server that handles the majority of the game.  

This issue has been resolved with our host, and our host is now fully aware that we're a gaming service. So the traffic is expected. 2015 was an odd year for us, since we were not only moving to a new host, but a new server. 

If you experience problems like this again, do let us know. Of course make sure it's not due to maintenance first.