Eden 86-90 Quest Board Crash

jothan

Question

When I try to take a quest from the level 86-90 quest board in the Eden Group, my client crashes mid-dialogue. I'm able to select an area, then a monster, then I get the first panel of dialogue explaining the quest, and when I hit next Windows informs me that the client crashed. I'm able to get this info from the crash dialogue:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Anesis.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    52005391
  Fault Module Name:    Anesis.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    52005391
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0000699c
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Also, if this belongs in the bug tracker someone please let me know; I thought crashes went here but I'm never sure

Edited by jothan

2 answers to this question

I can shed some light on these issues. 

The main issue with the Eden quest is that it is a Renewal feature. Back in the day a lot of the renewal features were just added without fully checking if the monsters, assets, or questlogs were there and supportive. When your client crashes, it is primarily because a asset that was marked critical couldn't be loaded. This could happen due to a typo in the questlog, the the name of the asset was not named correctly, or a map couldn't be loaded.  (The last one there is a really bad one, since the server would try to reload you there and that character would crash all the time.) I believe this occurred because we were moving to a new server, and they wanted to give the players something new and exciting. 

I won't say that Eden and these Renewal features have been 100% fixed now, being nearly 6 years in the future. But I will state that I been trying to fix every one of them as they crop up. Hopefully this particular quest has been fixed.  If not, do let us know through our normal means of informing us, be it #support on discord, in a support ticket, or through the bug tracker.