aROPacth

javier23

Question

19 answers to this question

• Try deleting patch_allow, patch2 or patch etc. and try patching again.

If that doesn't work,

• Open patch_allow.txt and change deny to allow. Set file to Read Only.

Same problem here, but I don't seem to have those files... :S

All patchers work as should: aRO Patch.exe, Patch_kRO.exe and Patch_Renewal.exe

The last one gave a new patch for 5.8.2015

The problem might be in the virus program or in the fire wall. These programs should be allowed.

I've had this problem before the server changes.  It comes and goes.  The best information I have been able to get is that the patch server is not available all the time.  When it is, you get the patch allow file and then you can patch.  Is this correct GMs?.  It is the same with other RO server I used to play on, which I used to keep up to date "just in case" but which I've been ignoring lately.  If you need this explained, just ask and I'll gladly do it.

Okay, I did it and I got the same message :/

Our patcher downloads in the following order: kRO, Renewal, Anesis. If you're getting the same error message on both patchers, this tells me there's something restricting you from accessing the kRO patches. Please see if you can access either of the two following sites...

kRO patch list

Renewal patch list

I can't patch either, my RO folder doesn't have the patch_allow (and I tried with the antivirus and firewall off, while running the patcher as admin, didn't work).

The patch_allow.txt is downloaded every time the patcher runs and deleted when the patcher closes, these files do not remain on your computer. See if you can access the sites above.

Failed to open Data.grf what is this?

Never mind its working now.

This happens when you run the patcher while a client is running. Please make sure there are no active clients before attempting to patch.

Our patcher downloads in the following order: kRO, Renewal, Anesis. If you're getting the same error message on both patchers, this tells me there's something restricting you from accessing the kRO patches. Please see if you can access either of the two following sites...

kRO patch list

Renewal patch list

I couldn't access, is there any solution for this?

We need to determine whether you're being blocked by something on your computer, your internet provider, or kRO's server. Please open a command prompt and type the following:

tracert webpatch.ragnarok.co.kr > C:\tracert.txt

This will display every step along the route that it takes to get to kROs servers and how long each step takes. By figuring out where it stops, we should be able to determine what is blocking you and how to fix it.

It will take a few minutes to run, you'll know it's done when you can type in the command prompt again. After it's done, open C:\tracert.txt and paste the results in here.

I tried to access both sites, and nothing =( (classic "problem loading page, server not found" message from firefox), I tried the tracert too, and it says "Unable to resolve target system name webpatch.ragnarok.co.kr" (this was with antivirus and firewall off, in a couple of hours i'm going to try opening all ports on my router)

Opening ports will not help anything in this scenario. Try seeing if this loads. Since your computer can't resolve the domain name to an IP address, let's see if it'll load using the IP address instead of the domain name. If you are able to see the link above, then that tells me there's something wrong with your DNS server, but there's a simple work around that will let you get start patching again.

Opening ports will not help anything in this scenario. Try seeing if this loads. Since your computer can't resolve the domain name to an IP address, let's see if it'll load using the IP address instead of the domain name. If you are able to see the link above, then that tells me there's something wrong with your DNS server, but there's a simple work around that will let you get start patching again.

The same happened to me and I tried this, I do see it load I guess, is it just text? or something different? If it's text, then it's loading, so probably it's my DNS server :/

I ran the tracer, and the contents of the report fileare:

Tracing route to webpatch.ragnarok.co.kr [112.175.128.134]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    64 ms    36 ms     6 ms  10.133.128.1

2    29 ms     8 ms     8 ms  10.133.4.1

3     *        *        *     Request timed out.

4    22 ms    35 ms    20 ms  10.192.55.53

5    12 ms    23 ms    11 ms  10.192.41.165

6    18 ms    29 ms    17 ms  10.192.12.38

7    37 ms    38 ms    44 ms  38.88.165.29

8    39 ms    54 ms    41 ms  be2582.ccr22.mia01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.157]

9    81 ms    66 ms    64 ms  be2071.ccr22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.0.222]

10   102 ms   102 ms   106 ms  be2066.ccr22.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.54]

11   125 ms   134 ms   116 ms  be2161.ccr22.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.27.170]

12   123 ms   133 ms   115 ms  be2047.ccr21.sjc03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.5.114]

13   116 ms   128 ms   127 ms  be2013.ccr21.sjc04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.5.106]

14   121 ms   135 ms   115 ms  38.104.140.134

15   256 ms   248 ms   259 ms  112.174.87.201

16   246 ms   246 ms   252 ms  112.174.84.101

17   269 ms   271 ms   246 ms  112.174.48.45

18   249 ms   263 ms   248 ms  112.174.62.226

19   248 ms   282 ms   247 ms  112.188.241.98

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

21     *        *        *     Request timed out.

22     *        *        *     Request timed out.

23     *        *        *     Request timed out.

24     *        *        *     Request timed out.

25     *        *        *     Request timed out.

26     *        *        *     Request timed out.

27     *        *        *     Request timed out.

28     *        *        *     Request timed out.

29     *        *        *     Request timed out.

30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Can you identify what the problem is?

Edited by Rabin_Uman
Unable to read file. Finally eliminated extra line spacing

Okay this is an old problem, but it is one that most people tend to overlook. 

This can be simply because of how the files are trying to patch.  Since I stumbled into this issue before myself, I had the luxury of figuring out how the issue is caused, and for the most part it's server side let me explain. 

When you patch the client goes and checks a number that you last have, sort of like a version number. It then tells the server that it wants to patch, the server goes, "okay your number is 23, we're up to 40 now, so we'll give you everything up to 40." Here is where it gets dumb. The client doesn't patch in order. What it does is it will try to download all the patches, then attempt to do them at the same time, however if a file is effected twice, it will cause an issue, and the client will fail the patch.

This error can also occur if the server cannot find the file that is to be sent. Lets say you are on a very old client and try to patch, and like my example above you are on version 23. Let say we tried to keep tidy, and we no longer had patches up to 30 anymore. The patcher would fail because it cannot find the file. 

There is a couple of ways we can avoid this error, and at the time I am writing this, we do.  Though you may be at version 23, the client doesn't care for 24, if the server goes, ya the next one is 40.  In which case the client will only get version 40, add in the chances, and say it's version 40. So we have broken our patches down to smaller batches. 

Another thing that can help, is if you reinstall the client via the full installation. This would put your client at a much closer version, and the patcher wouldn't need to work so hard. 

Remember to always patch after maintenance, and if your coming back from a hiatus to redownload the client. 

Further I believe it was around 2018 that we no longer use kROs patches anymore. There was a lot of issues with the conflicting patches overwriting custom stuff we had put forth, which broke a lot of things. 

Hopefully this has helped.